Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Digger

I don't often read or write about the plot-based comics, because I seem to have no energy to get into them. But I wanted to give this one a chance, because it's by the awesome Ursula V, who invented the LOL WUT pear - or the Biting Pear of Salamanca, which is the real name.

I haven't read very far yet. It looked dark and strange at a first glance. But then I read the text -and it's about a wombat on a digging spree, and it sounds really philosophical and awesome. Start here. Hallucinations plan on eating him. And he ends up in a Hindu temple. This is a very interesting beginning indeed.

The art is black and white, with lots of emphasis on black. The wombat protagonist manages to be so very cute, even if the general tone of the images is dark and somewhat scary. This is true talent.

No comments:

Post a Comment